Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Fuck This, I'm going running

Today I started out in a good mood. I woke up today knowing that after a two day rest following the Philadelphia Distance Run I would be back out for a run after work today. My recovery is already well ahead of where it was after my first half marathon in Indy. After that I was sidelined for practically three weeks.

So today work went quick, and I was on my drive home. I eased back into running today. Just a four miler, but it seemed effortless. I kept a pace just over 7 miles and looking back on it I think I could have likely done 6-8 without setting myself back at all. But thats okay. After Indy I had one good run and woke up the next day and was set back another week with an extremely sore quad (my one seemingly recurring injury). I'll take it easy for this week and just enjoy.

But before I even went out for the run, something pretty awesome happened. I was on my way back from work, and turned left into my apartment parking lot. Soon enough, there was a guy straight behind me. I thought he was gonna ask for directions. No, not the case. He asked, "I NEED to know, where did you get that bumper sticker. I saw it, and I've never done this before but I had to follow you and find out and luckily you turned in right here. I mean, I'm a runner too and I think thats the coolest sticker I've seen" I told him I have a friend out in Indy who made the bumber sticker, we exchanged contact info and I told him I'd be in contact with my friend who made the sticker. The sticker? It looks like this...



Some are still available, should you be interested. But, needless to say, when something is this awesome, who knows how long they will last.

Maybe it was my conversation with that stranger that kept a good light mood during the run. Maybe it was thinking of the sticker itself. Maybe I was just happy as hell that I was able to run rather effortlessly so soon after Indy, and at a good pace. Regardless, I am thrilled to get back out there tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

come on folks, get 'em while they're hot! They're "offensively passionate!"

if i didn't cancel my livejournal I could have posted the note from Runners World and the frig photo from Flotrack as well. Hah!

-spitz

djwiersma said...

Ha, I did a 4 miler yesterday too. Glad to know it seemed a natural distance to go to someone else. djw