Friday, August 15, 2008

This is gonna be difficult

Seriously, thanks to NBC putting so much of the track on a 15 hour delay, watching this crap without finding out the results beforehand is gonna be more difficult than hill repeats. Today for instance, a friend at work blurted out the Womens 10k result to me. This was around noon. Now, even if she didn't I would need to avoid half the websites in my favorites, and radio, and tv news. Thanks Dick Ebersol. Asshole. That said, I'll still be up after midnight tonight to watch that race, even knowing the result. Such is life when you are a fan of track in this country. I blame Obama.

__________________________________________________________

Two straight days after work storms have come and gone and come and gone while leaving just enough of a window for me to get in a run. Today didn't wind up as dry as yesterday, by any means, as in my final mile the rain started falling bigtime. But, there is a bit of a level of camaraderie that is to be had when you see another runner in this sorta shit. It's the same thing when the weather is 90ish. Yeah, the treadmill coulda been a better option. The chardonnay certainly would taste better than the sweat dripping off my mustache, but no I chose this. And so did those other cats I saw out there today. It's pretty damn cool to see the look in there eyes as you pass paths. It's not the relief of, "Okay, I'm not crazy for being out here in this mess." It's more, "Okay, I'm not the only crazy one out here in this mess." It's pretty nice.

Current Listening :: Solomon Burke - Make Do With What You Got

No comments: